Sometimes I almost feel sorry for Barack Obama. Almost! But then I remember his lies, his radical anti-American political beliefs, and his arrogance … and I wake up. Obama, because of his radical left-wing, ideologically driven belief system … truly came to believe he was the “Anointed One;” destined to transform America into a Soros-envisioned model of a global-elitist led utopia . Fortunately, at least for true conservative, patriotic Americans, Obama truly is in way over his head and really does not have a clue about what he is doing.
Some of us thinking Americans, who actually did a little pre-2008 election candidate research into Obama’s true history and experience… and did not just swallow the drive-by media’s gushingly, pro-Obama campaign efforts hook, line and sinker, are not surprised. I still remember waking up the morning after Obama’s election in a state of shock over American voter gullibility and the level to which progressive-liberals will sink to achieve their nefarious political goals.
Think about the facts about Obama’s education, work history, his chosen mentors, and associates:
- Obama served two years in the U.S. Senate where he simply voted “present” on most legislation being considered by the senate. He was essentially a junior senator with no real federal government experience when he began campaigning for president.
- Before being elected to the Senate, Obama lost a run for the U.S. House of Representatives and served seven years part-time in the Illinois state Senate. Chicago is famous for its corrupt, back-room deal, politics and being the home of many left-wing political leaders.
- He made one stirring keynote address at the Democratic National Convention and wrote two autobiographical books, which if you actually read, gave a clear picture of his radical thought processes and anti-American beliefs.
- Obama held a low-paying job as a community organizer which I think he was probably very good at. However, though well-suited for someone with radical, left-wing beliefs, it was not exactly a high-stress, decision-under-pressure, economically and politically astute decisions that affect the world kind of job.
- He did worked 11-years as a civil rights attorney with a left-wing leaning law firm. He must have felt out-of-place there, because, civil rights are essentially a list of things the government is NOT ALLOWED TO DO, and Obama wants our government to do everything.
- Contrary to his claims on the campaign trail, Obama was not a law professor. He was a senior lecturer at the University of Chicago. While a senior lecturer is certainly an esteemed position and due its respect, he was not a tenured professor.
- He did manage to get caught up in a real estate scandal with a well-known Illinois political “fixer” Antoin “Tony” Rezko who is under active federal investigation. I guess that counts.
Not a real impressive resume for being president. Obama did have charisma … so people liked him and began to talk about him. He was very smooth; and good at testing the wind and saying what people wanted to hear. He was even smooth enough that many people ignored his radical views and associations. But is it really any surprise his policies do not work … look at who he admired and looked to for guidance. Here are just a few:
- Rev. Jeremiah Wright: Sorry! I simply do not believe Obama spent 20 years as a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ and did not hear the American loathing, black liberation based, hate-filled sermons emanating from that man’s mouth.
- Saul Alinski: Alinski, considered the father of modern community organization, was a communist organizer and author from Chicago. While Obama plays down Alinski’s “influence” on his political views and tactics; Saul Alinski’s son, L. David Alinski, says Obama certainly learned his lessons well. Actions really do speak louder than words, and despite what Obama says in public, many of the political strategies he uses come right out of Saul Alinski’s book, Rules for Radicals.
- Cass Sunstein: One of Obama’s closest confidants and the head of the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Sunstein is an animal rights activist/social engineer who wants to set up legal “rights” for livestock, wildlife, and pets enabling them to file lawsuits in American courts. Sunstein is also a strong opponent of freedom of speech and in a paper he co-wrote in 2008 proposed, “that the U.S. Government employs teams of covert agents and pseudo-“independent” advocates to “cognitively infiltrate” online groups and websites , as well as other activist groups, which advocate views that Sunstein deems “false conspiracy theories” about the Government.
- Samantha Power: Power, a member of Obama’s National Security Council, is an ideologue who believes America should subordinate its sovereignty to that of the incompetent, anti-American, anti-Israel, marxist-inspired, world-government-loving United Nations.
- John Holden: Obama’s science advisor, Holden is another close confident with rather extreme views like instituting compulsory birth control, creating an armed international organization to enforce order worldwide, and instituting a “planetary regime” to “control the development, administration, conservation, and distribution of natural resources” in addition to “regulating all international trade.” Then there is Ecoscience, which calls for severe limitations on economic growth (hmmm … kind of like Obama’s economic policies!). According to Ecoscience proponents, “It is by now abundantly clear that the GNP cannot grow forever. Why should it? Why should we not strive for zero economic growth (ZEG) as well as zero population growth.”
- Rules For Conservative Radicals: Lesson 1 (humpdayreport.wordpress.com)
- HDR 184: Eric Holder and Saul Alinsky v. Darrell Issa (humpdayreport.wordpress.com)
- Sunstein: Regulatory moratorium like a ‘nuclear bomb’ (junkscience.com)
- Obama’s ‘Jobs Bill’ Makes ACORN Eligible for $15 Billion in Taxpayer Money (pajamasmedia.com)
- Cloward-Piven, Alinsky, Obama __ A Frightening Combination (via Conservatives on Fire) (loopyloo305.wordpress.com)
4 thoughts on “How About ZEG (Zero Economic Growth), Instead Of GNP?”