Tag: Republican Party (United States)
Just when you thought you had heard it all, Obama reaches to disgusting new levels of “buck passing.” Obama paused on his re-election campaign disguised as an effort to promote his “revenue enhancement” program disguised as the American Jobs Act; long enough to blame George W. Bush for the $535 million Solyndra scandal. This is the lowest of the low. While those involved are called to testify before Congress and desperately point fingers at each other, two thoughts come to my mind:
- If this administration (and yes, other past administrations) spent half as much time trying to be good stewards of the tax dollars they get from the American people as they do buying votes and furthering personal political careers, there would be no need to raise taxes or cut spending. This mess we find ourselves in is clearly the fault of career politicians seeking power and personal gain by rewarding “friends” and punishing “dissenters.” We need to return to the idea of “citizen-legislators” and good stewardship. Can you say “term limits?”
- American tax payers want their $535 million back and those implicated in this “green power” scam brought up on charges. It has become clear that even before the government “stimulus” loan was made to Solyndra, officials at Solyndra knew their company was going belly up. In fact, they sent false “glowing progress reports” to the Obama administration even as they were keeping close tabs on their press coverage to block any bad publicity.
As House Republicans begin to investigate Solyndra’s stimulus loan scandal, theyhave looked at emails between the White House and Solyndra officials. WHile Obama had touted Solyndra as a “green jobs” success story thanks to a $535 million loan guarantee funded through the 2009 economic stimulus law, the emails show a different story. They show a clear interaction between Solyndra officials and the Obama administration surrounding Obama’s visit to the Bay Area, These emails included “corporate gig” job offers as well as efforts to limit press coverage to friendly media outlets and reporters in an attempt to generate positive press while squelching any possible negative press. It is also clear theat the OMB warned Obama to wait until they checked Solyndra out … due diligence! Obama would not wait … these were his cronies after all! Looks like Obama was also warned by the OMB That Solyndra would go belly up … the OMB even got the month and year right … September 2011! Obama, in typical Chicago-thug style politics ignored the OMB and pressured them into approving the loan.
Obama minion and DNC Chair, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, recently confirmed my long-held belief that progressive-liberals live in a make-believe world of denial and fairy tales. Her asinine comment that the congressional seat held since 1923 (almost a century) by democrats is in “a very difficult district for Democrats,” should earn her the “dumb-ass” of the century award. Bob Turner’s victory is simply a solid rebuke to Obama, his leftist policies, and his sycophantic cronies. But progressive-liberals cannot see this fact, because they live in a socialist “dream” land where they are so much smarter than the rest of us and therefore, must take care of us. It looks like the democrats, in typical underhanded fashion, will now simply try use gerrymandering to “re-district” Bob Turner’s seat out of existence.
It does, however, look like the Republican party must be doing something right! Left-wing pundit, Keith Olbermann recently stated that the Republican party is now the leading terrorist organization in the Unites States! Yep! That’s right …. surpassing even law-abiding gun owners, military veterans, Bible-clutchers, and yes … even the Tea Party! Personally, I do not think I could find better company!! Al Qaeda and Hamas need to get busy … if they want progressive-liberal democrats to elevate their respective organizations from “trusted allies” back to “terrorist” status.
In other news, Michele Obama has taken it upon herself to teach us poor dumb Americans what to eat … while she, of course, dines on only the finest in tax payer provided cuisine. Michele Obama is certainly not doing “weight watchers!” While I agree that it is sad so many Americans are overweight … that is a matter of choice and personal responsibility and should not be another area of government intrusion into our lives. I actually have seen more and more of my neighbors out swimming, walking, and riding bikes … and they are doing it because they want to be healthier … not because of some government mandate.
Surprise, surprise! Obama has resurrected his “internet Snitch brigade.” Do you remember when Obama came under fire for encouraging his supporters to collect and report any “fishy” information on his White House web site link firstname.lastname@example.org. After widespread public outrage over his Administrations use of “useful idiot” minions to spy on their fellow Americans (a trick communist Russian dictators perfected), the White House quickly removed the e-snitch link from their Web site. It seems, however, that Obama’s creepy monitoring program (on his new campaign Web site www.AttackWatch.com) is back … just in time for his 2012 re-election campaign.
It is so sad it is almost funny. Obama insults, and pulls the rug out from under America’s greatest ally in the Middle East, Israel (the only stable democracy in the area); and supports Israel’s mortal enemies … terrorist groups like Hamas or the Muslim Brotherhood (who if they did not have the Jews to try to kill, would be trying to kill us or each other). Then on his AttackWatch site, claims Glenn Beck “twists the facts on Israel:”
Conservative pundit Glenn Beck added his voice to a growing collection of false allegations about the President’s record on Israel. “We’re talking a lot about Israel,” said Beck. “The President of the United States, I believe, has betrayed our last strong ally.”
Glenn Beck is simply stating his belief … a freedom we are all supposed to have under the U.S. Constitution! Most Americans seem to agree with the assessment. Look at the Jewish support for Bob Turner’s victory in last Tuesday’s special Congressional seat election in New York!
And where does the Obama camp get its “dirt” on Glenn Beck? From clear-thinking, fair and balanced George-Soros-funded progressive-liberal media outlets like MoveOn.org, Media Matters, and ThinkProgress.org! Hmmm! Who would have thunk it?
- SOLARGATE UPDATE: Megan McArdle: Last week, I wondered if Solyndra, the bankrupt California sola… (pajamasmedia.com)
- Solyndra Flop May Cost Taxpayers, Embarrass Obama (npr.org)
- Team Obama Still Not Ready for Prime Time (thescoundrel.wordpress.com)
- Solyndra- It’s only YOUR money (coffeenchat.wordpress.com)
- Obama’s Big Green Boondoggles (papundits.wordpress.com)
- Oh, my: Emails show White House knew Solyndra was a disaster before it issued $535M crony loan (tancredoradio.wordpress.com)
- Treasury Joins Probe Into Stimulus Loan to Solyndra (foxnews.com)